The University of Wisconsin-Extension partners with other centers, programs, and campuses to provide research, education, and outreach in key areas of interest and to the public.
Affiliated centers and programs
- AgrAbility of Wisconsin: Provides services to individuals and their families who are engaged in farming or farm-related occupations and are coping with the effects of a disability
- Center for Dairy Profitability: Develops and delivers education and applied research to dairy farms and dairy industry service providers, related to sustainable profitable decisions and a healthy and progressive dairy industry
- Environmental Resources Center: Offers state-of-the-art applied research, communication, and education focused on the human dimensions of environmental issues
- Wisconsin Farm Technology Days: This three-day outdoor event showcases the latest improvements in production agriculture, including many practical applications of recent research findings and technological developments. Each year, it is held in a different Wisconsin county, on a different host family farm.
- Wisconsin Master Gardener Program: Trains volunteers to help people in the community better understand horticulture and their environment
- Wisconsin Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program: Offers information and support to educators seeking to expand their knowledge about and outreach in sustainable agriculture
- Discovery Farms: Uses on- farm and research methods to determine how agricultural practices effect farms throughout Wisconsin. They also educate and improve communications throughout the agricultural community in order to improve environmental management practices.
- Pioneer Farm: Supports Wisconsin agriculture by educating students through on- farm experiences, conducting research, and circulating information about agricultural practices and the environment.
Diagnostic labs and research stations
- Agricultural Research Stations: Outdoor laboratories, classrooms and education centers, supporting research, education and outreach programs
- Insect Diagnostic Lab: Identifies insects and insect damaged plant material from around the state
- Plant Disease Diagnostic Clinic: Identifies plant diseases and provides educational information on plant diseases and their control
- Soil Testing Laboratories: Wide range of nutrient analysis of soils, plant tissue and feed/forage
- Turfgrass Diagnostics Lab: Provides diagnostic information and management recommendations for all turf health issues